Duplicate Shares

Issue Of Duplicate Share Certificates Due To Loss Of The Original Share Certificates

Forgetfulness is quite common. Sometimes this forgetfulness leads to losing something important;say for example, losing the share certificates in paper form. Even the latest of physical shares that is available; is about 20 years old. The earliest of share certificate issued was in the year 1956. So, the chances of losing or misplacing the physical share certificates are high. This scenario is seen as the Loss of the Original Share Certificates.

Reasons for loss of original share certificates:

  • Misplacing the original share certificates due to forgetfulness.
  • Due to passage of time, the original share certificate becomes damaged beyond recognition.
  • Lost due to shifting or change of residence.
  • Unaware of the fact that, such share certificate(s) exists, etc.

Whatever may be the reason, we can help get back the lost share certificate(s) with our structured and efficient processes.

How do we do that?

  • Collecting the shareholder(s) details.
  • Collecting the share details.
  • Communicating with the Registrars and Share Transfer Agents (RTAs) / Company and obtaining the specific formats for obtaining Duplicate Share certificates in favor of the shareholder(s).
  • It also involves filing a police complaint along with publishing a public notice in the RTA / Company specific Newspaper for the loss of original share certificates.
  • The Specific requirements of the RTA/ Company is met by completing documentation and sending it to them.
  • Might also involve solving the problems of rejections such as Name mismatch in the Share details with the company and the legal documents or simply rejection due to change of Address issue, Signature mismatch, etc.
  • We facilitate the whole process and ensure that the Duplicate share certificate is received in place of the lost one by proving the RTA/ Company that the reason behind the loss of original share certificate is genuine and the duplicate share certificate is obtained by the rightful owner.

Enquiry Form

    Other Services